Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr. Principal/Principal Systems and Software Engineering Applications Support Analyst in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking GBSD Sr. Principal/ Principal Systems and Software Engineering Applications Support Analyst. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The GBSD Systems and Software Engineering Applications Support Analyst will provide tier 2 support for the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. The selected candidate will be expected to deploy, refresh, troubleshoot, install, maintain, and perform all desk-side support services for contract employees at their assigned locations or to coordinate with the enterprise IT services as they support the standard enterprise offerings for the contract. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations working in a collaborative/team environment across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable with elevating accountability at all levels.
What You'll Get To Do:
The Systems and Software Development Application Administrator supports multiple production engineering instances within the Northrop Grumman enterprise. The position entails the administration of the Atlassian suite of Software Development tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket etc), DOORS and No Magic's Cameo suite of applications.
Additionally the candidate will address end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed service level guidance in support of business and IT priorities.
• Administration of Systems Engineering and Software Development applications.
• End-user technical support of software in development and production environments.
• Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
• Monitor, address, and resolve production environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
• Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting these instances.
• Support System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business users as necessary.
• Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position can be hired as a Principal or Sr. Principal, based on education and experience.
You'll Bring These Qualifications for a Principal:
Bachelor in Science degree with 5 years of relevant experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD (Appropriate combination of professional application administration experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement).
You'll Bring These Qualifications for a Senior Principal:
• Bachelor in Science degree with 9 years of relevant experience; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD (Appropriate combination of professional application administration experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree
• At least 3 years of Atlassian tool suite, DOORS or Cameo application administration and support experience
• Proven track record of maintaining / supporting large software environments in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with software support and incident resolution
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Possess current CompTIA Security+ certification
• 3 years of Atlassian, DOORS or Cameo backend with Linux admin knowledge
• 3 years DevOps / SCM experience
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities in Atlassian applications software Development methodologies.
• Experience supporting software Development in Windows and Linux environments.
• Fluent in at least one computer programming and Scripting language ( Perl, Shell, some VB) .
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology