Northrop Grumman GBSD - Sr Principal Engineer - Software Systems Architect in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer Systems Architect. This position will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You'll Get To Do:
The Software Systems Architect designs and develops system architectures for an embedded software system, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
Position will require roughly 50% of time on travel to El Segundo, CA for first 6 months of assignment.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You will bring these qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9 years of experience; 7 years with Master's Degree; 4 years with PhD
• Experience with software system architecture modeling (MBSE) in Cameo EA, MagicDraw, Rhapsody, or other MBSE tool
• Experience with DOORS
• Experience architecting and writing requirements for a hard real time system and rate monotonic scheduling
• Holds an active Top Secret clearance
These qualifications would be nice to have:
• Experience participating in an Agile project, or even as a Scrum Master
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with nuclear surety requirements
• Experience developing missile flight systems software
• Experience with Cameo EA
• Experience with C++ and object oriented design
• Holds a current SAP clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering