Northrop Grumman GBSD Software Development Analyst/ Principal Analyst- SS in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career toda
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a Software Development Analyst/ Principal Analyst to implement and support system and software engineering applications. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL supporting the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The Software Development Analyst/ Principal Analyst supports multiple production Engineering instances within the Northrop Grumman enterprise. The position entails the administration of the Atlassian suite of Software Development tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket etc), DOORS and No Magic's Cameo suite of applications.
Additionally the candidate will address end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed service level guidance in support of business and IT priorities.
Administration of Systems Engineering and Software Development applications.
End-user technical support of software in development and production environments.
Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
Monitor, address, and resolve production environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting these instances.
Support System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business users as necessary.
Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either an Analyst or Principal Analyst.
You'll Bring These Qualifications for the Analyst:
• Bachelor in Science degree with 2 years of relevant experience; 1 year with Masters; Appropriate combination of professional application administration experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement).
You'll Bring These Qualifications for the Principal Analyst:
• Bachelor in Science degree with 5 years of relevant experience; 3 years with Masters; Appropriate combination of professional application administration experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement).
• At least 1 year of Atlassian tool suite, DOORS or Cameo application administration and support experience
• Proven track record of maintaining / supporting large software environments in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with software support and incident resolution.
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Active Secret Clearance or higher
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Possess current CompTIA Security+ certification
• 1 year of Atlassian, DOORS or Cameo backend with Linux admin knowledge
• 1 year DevOps / SCM experience
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities in Atlassian applications software Development methodologies.
• Experience supporting software Development in Windows and Linux environments.
• Fluent in at least one computer programming and Scripting language (Perl, Shell, some VB) .
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology