Northrop Grumman GBSD Senior Principal Systems Test Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Flight Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
System engineer needed to perform flight test planning, integration, and development of processes, tools, and documentation in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent ICBM. Tasks include system performance assessment, requirements analysis, design, development and integration. Candidate should have extensive experience in flight control, guidance and navigation, hypersonic reentry dynamics, and Kalman filtering and estimation. Candidate familiar with computer languages FORTRAN, C, C++, Visual Basic, CAMEO, and MATLAB programming languages. Candidate should be knowledgeable in some or all of the following areas, orbital mechanics, flight dynamics, aerodynamics, and statistical mathematics.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelors with 9 years experience; 7 years with a Masters; 0 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant work experience may be counted in lieu of a bachelor's of science degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
• Demonstrated knowledge of MBSE, C++ and Matlab.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master's Degree
• Degree is Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics
• US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
• Experience working with ICBMs and in depth understanding of Vandenberg AFB Western Test Range, instrumentation, safety, and post-flight analysis.
• Work experience in ICBM flight dynamics, targeting, orbital mechanics, reentry dynamics
• Work experience in 6-Degrees of Freedom Simulations
• Work experience C++, C#, Matlab, FORTRAN, CAMEO
• Good interpersonal skills working in a team environment and with customer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering