Northrop Grumman GBSD - Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Nuclear Surety Electrical Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior PrincipalSystems Engineer to join the Mission Defense Team as a Nuclear Surety Electrical Engineer. This position can be filled in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will join our Mission Defense Team (MDT) and will support the Nuclear Surety sub-IPT in the following areas:
• Support testing and verification of electrical and software components for verification and validation activities
• Monitor and participate in test execution activities for electrical hardware
• Analyze software test results and communicate anomalies and/or issues to the electrical design teams
• Provide systems engineering, integration, and test support to ICBM development and modification program
• Apply the principles of engineering to verify the system design using applicable standards and specifications
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
• Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports (Nuclear Surety Evaluations)
• Work with sub-contractors to ensure designs are compliant with AF and DoD criteria for nuclear weapons systems
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Interface with AF customer
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's in Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's in Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years, or a PhD and 4 years.
Experience in design analysis with respect to requirements verification in any of the following areas:
• Embedded Systems design and verification to include hardware and software especially Real-Time Operating Systems, C, and C+ • VHDL and/or ASIC design, test, and verification
• Common communications protocols such as TCP or UDP, RS-422, MIL-STD 1553, PCI-E, etc.
• PCB design and layout
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation close date within the past 6 years
Active DoD TS clearance with a background investigation close date within the past 6 years
Experience with nuclear weapon systems
Experience with fault analysis methods such as Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis, Bent Pin Analysis, or Systems Theoretical Process Analysis-Security (STPA-Sec)
Experience with Aerospace Safety standards such as DO-178C, ARINC-653, and/or MISRA C
Experience using SysML, UPDM, and DoDAF models for software architecture and behavior
Experience with any of the following tools: CORE, DOORs, Rhapsody, Cameo, MagicDraw
Experience working with Nuclear Surety Standards (e.g. AFI 63-125, AFI 91-101, AFMAN 91-118/91-119, DoDM S-5210.41M/AFMAN 31-108)
Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
• Requirements Management using MBSE techniques and tools including DOORs
• Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
• Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering