Northrop Grumman GBSD-RVAM Systems Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The Command & Launch Systems Engineering & Integration team is looking for a Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) engineer. The Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis discipline itself is a mesh of many fields (e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates across functional disciplines, offering a highly unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
In this role, you will be asked to work in a team environment to conduct research, develop models, and perform analysis of a wide variety of system types to drive the development of requirements, refine existing requirements, and influence the pursuit of future technologies and capabilities. You will work with the C&L SE&I team engineers, as well as with Program and Element Systems Engineering teams.
Responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
• Systems Engineer and RVAM Specialist for the Post Boost Attitude Control Module that designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. This engineer will be primarily responsible for developing the Requirements Verification Architecture Model in Cameo Enterprise Architecture.
• Mature the capabilities through functional analysis and Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes to deliver just-in-time design and optimize the development schedule for incremental capability development and early integration.
• Collaborate with several stakeholders (subsystem developers, system integrators, system testers, system requirements engineers) to support delivery of quality design products,
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
• 2 years of relevant experience as a Systems Engineer preferable in Spacecraft or Missile Development & Qualification
-Experience with modern (Model Based System Engineering) MBSE principles and SysML Modeling Language
• DoD Secret Clearance investigated in the past 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• A current active US Government DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
• Experience working in DOORs and CAMEO for specification and architecture management respectively
• Experience developing and qualifying Liquid Propulsion Systems for Spacecraft
• Experience with engine hot fire testing and/or SMC-S-025
• Experience with vehicle development in line with SMC-S-016 or MIL-STD-1540
• Certificate in MBSE Principles / Concepts from an accredited university
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Job Category : Engineering