Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Tech Editor and Writer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Mission Assurance Principal Technical Editor and Writer . This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Job responsibilities will include:
• Authoring and editing technical process documents for accuracy and consistency with prescribed style, formatting, metadata, and templates
• Typical documentation includes Division and program procedures, manuals, work instructions, forms, checklists, handbooks, and other knowledge base documents
• Coordinating process document inputs for revision from technical teams, and finalizing and polishing process content
• Maintaining and improving process document templates
• Adhering to naming conventions and process document standards
• Reviewing documentation to ensure adherence to document and quality standards, ease of use, logical order of tasks, etc.
• Establishing and maintaining accurate document metadata in conformance with the SDS Asset Library
• Collaborate with team members across the Division
• Establish strong working relationships and collaborate across multiple projects and functions
This position requires a detail-oriented candidate with strong technical writing experience and natural process acumen, and ability to:
• Understand issues from multiple viewpoints
• Communicate in a precise manner (written and verbal)
• Demonstrate a high standard of accountability
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelors degree and 6 years of technical writing experience; Masters degree and 4 years of relevant experience; OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
Active Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Experience with process technical writing activities and development of standards for style, formatting, and quality
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Familiar with defense industry processes, procedures, manuals, work instructions and other process documents
Missile, ICBM, Minuteman III subject matter experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Communications