Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Systems Test Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a GBSD Principal Systems Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
This position on the Air Vehicle Equipment (AVE) Integration and Test team to plan vehicle level integration and test activities. Collaborate with other IPTs to define test objectives and requirements for test activities in the Integration labs. Candidate will author AVE-level test information/planning sheets based on allocated requirements. A successful applicant will have knowledge of system integration and test principles and practices.
May be required to travel up to 25% of the time.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of System Test experience; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
• Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals, previous test experience at any level of build (unit, element, segment, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate will be required to prepare and brief to leadership on test and integration between AVE components
• Experience in using requirements management databases such as DOORS
• Experience with SMC-S-16 launch, upper-stage or space vehicle test requirements, test plan development and integration testing
• Experience as a test conductor for launch, upper-stage or space vehicle development, qualification or acceptance testing
• Knowledge of system integration and test principles and test plan development to include functional and physical testing, including environmental testing
• Previous test experience at any level of build (unit, element, segment, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering