Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Systems Test Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Principal Test Engineer for Command and Launch Team (CLT). This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
Member of team developing software products for the physical security system protecting high value assets. Work with multi-discipline systems team to generate requirements, develop and test software products, produce description and usage documentation.
Software Engineer, may also be filled Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience in the software engineering field.
• Experience with developing test objectives, developing test architectures, supporting test case and scenario design, defining configurable parameters for test, and reviewing open paper to identify and mitigate risks with respect to test events.
• Experience with various M&S-driven test environments, including Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL), Integrated Ground Test (GTI), Distributed Ground Test (GTD), and Flight Test (FT).
• Ability to prepare and present system test products and clearly communicate these concepts across a broad spectrum of audiences, including high level Missile Defense Agency (MDA), DoD and Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) staffs.
• Previous experience planning and executing cyber test activities with external agencies required
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• An active Secret clearance is required with reinvestigation or issuance in the last 5 years
• 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field; 3 years' experience with a Master's degree.
• Understanding of common system test and analysis techniques.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with DevSecOps platforms such as Azure or the Atlassian suite of tools.
• Technology and platforms: Linux Red Hat, git, Maven/Atlassian suite, Docker/Kubernetes, Java Web Development.
• Fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• Agile methodologies and techniques, continuous integration.
• Coding and design of algorithmic applications.
• Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs), to generate engineering artifacts for handoff to software development.
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering