Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Supplier Quality Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Principal Engineer, Supplier Quality Assurance. This position will be located in Roy, Utah. The selected candidate will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
- The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation that implements the GBSD Enterprise and Program Supplier Quality Assurance Plan, policies, procedures, & tools required to support Program pre-award & Day1 Tasks as well as infrastructure needs. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for SQA oversight activities for suppliers and subcontractors of hardware developed/manufactured/assembled/tested for GBSD at the Huntsville site(s).
Roles and responsibilities:
• Prepare documentation that implements the GBSD Enterprise and Program Supplier Quality Assurance Plan, policies, procedures, & tools required to support Program pre-award & Day1 Tasks as well as Enterprise infrastructure needs.
• Creating process health, progress and stability metrics
• Supplier Quality Assurance oversight activities of hardware developed/manufactured/assembled/tested for GBSD at the Huntsville site(s)
• Developing and implementing Supplier Quality Assurance plans.
• Performing Metric development for process health and performance monitoring
• Enable prioritization of tasks and meeting deadlines
This position can be filled at a Level 3 or Level 4 grade.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline and 5 years of Supplier Quality experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years' experience; OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline and 0 years' experience
Basic Qualifications for a Sr. Principal Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline and 9 years of Supplier Quality experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years' experience OR PhD Degree in a STEM discipline and 4 years' experience
Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance and reinvestigation within the past 6 years
Excellent liaison between local personnel, suppliers, and customer workforce
Experience in evaluation, trace, and analysis of requirements
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience in leading a team of Supplier Quality Assurance Engineers
Experience in Missile Systems/Sub-Systems design, construction, or sustainment
Experience in process monitoring, data collection, analysis, and metric reporting for a large program/supplier-base.
Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance and reinvestigation within the past 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering