Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal/ Sr. Principal Structural Analysis Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Principal Structural Analysis Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Roy, UT. The candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic structures to support missile programs and advanced technologies.
• Develop solutions to complex structural analysis problems for missile platforms involving metallic structure to ensure structural integrity.
• Perform structural analysis using classical methods, commercial tools, and in-house codes for multidisciplinary technical problems.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses, and report results to internal and external customers when necessary.
• Present concise explanations of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
• Review completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
• Support structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position can be filled at a higher level based on experience.
Principal Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of related analysis experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of analysis experience, or 1 years of experience with a PhD.
• Senior Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of related analysis experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of analysis experience, or 5 years of experience with a PhD.
• Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary Space/Aircraft structures.
• Experience using industry standard structural analysis software such as NASTRAN (MSC & NX), PATRAN, FEMAP, Mathcad, etc.
• This position requires a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
• Master's of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering preferred.
• Familiarity with CAD applications (CATIA / NX)
• Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models using NASTRAN, FEMAP or other FEM tools.
• Participation in multiple design and analysis cycles in aircraft and/or spacecraft development programs
• A current active US Government DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering