Northrop Grumman GBSD-Principal Engr Sys Architect in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Architect. This position will be located in Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This will include development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
This includes the following duties, responsibilities, and qualifications:
• Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements.
• Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications.
• Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces.
• Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
• Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters
• Active Secret Security Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
5 years of experience with ICBM Weapon System
• Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
• Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
• Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
• Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
• Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
• General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
• Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
• Project Management
• Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering