Northrop Grumman GBSD Principal Engr Mfg CLT Test in Roy, Utah
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
As a part of the Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position will support all NGSP efforts for the GBSD Program within the Sector Support Business CoE organization. This position supports the Command & Launch Team (CLT) as a Manufacturing Engineer team member.
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with preferred knowledge in the fabrication, assembly, system integration, and testing of missile hardware. The candidate will be involved in assisting other NG sectors and suppliers with developing a Manufacturing Plan, conducting Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRA), and executing the startup of a new program. The candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of Customer, NGC, and Supplier employees and leadership.
Primary responsibilities will include providing technical and administrative leadership and guidance to the program Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Suppliers for developing the manufacturing planning and successful preparation and execution of MRA's. This will include establishing a program project plan and schedule that is aligned with the IPT Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Provide advanced technological ideas and Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to resolve technical questions and ensure compliance and execution to the Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) Deskbook, and Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Statement of Work (SOW) requirements. In addition, responsibilities will include providing technical input to the Manufacturing Plan.
• Develops processes by studying requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
• Collaborates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues
• Coordinates with the integration team on day-to-day activities. Resolves complex process issues.
• Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support activities.
• Design and procure specialized tooling and fixtures.
• Investigates root cause of discrepancies and implements corrective actions.
• Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
• Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes
• Educates/trains operators on new and existing processes.
Job Category : Engineering