Northrop Grumman GBSD Nuclear Surety Systems Staff Engineer in Roy, Utah
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will join our Mission Defense Team (MDT) and will support the Nuclear Surety sub-IPT in the following areas:
• Support testing and verification of software components for verification and validation activities
• Monitor and participate in test execution activities for program software
• Analyze software test results and communicate anomalies and/or issues to the software component teams
• Provide systems engineering, integration, and test support to ICBM development and modification program
• Apply the principles of engineering to verify the system design using applicable standards and specifications
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
• Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports (Nuclear Surety Evaluations)
• Work with sub-contractors to ensure designs are compliant with AF and DoD criteria for nuclear weapons systems
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Interface with AF customer
· BS in an engineering or related scientific field and +10 years related experience. MS degree and 7+ years of related experience. PhD and 4+ years of related experience
· DOD Top Secret Clearance
· Thorough working knowledge of AFI 91 series, AFI 63-125, AFMAN 91-118, AFMAN 91-119, DODD 3150.2
· 5+ Years Nuclear Safety Experience
· 2+ Years ICBM Experience
· Experience in requirements management including development of system level specifications from customer requirements and providing traceability from system requirements to system architecture in support of Model Based Systems Engineering
· Experience with requirements verification and integration
· Project management experience to include integrated master schedule development/execution, cost account management, and project planning
· Track record of mentoring junior personnel to develop their skill sets and prepare them for increasing responsibilities.
· Must have excellent technical writing skills. Good verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with teammates, stakeholders (Air Force Safety Center, Nuclear Weapons Center, National Security Agency, etc.) and customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering