Northrop Grumman GBSD - Manager Env Health Safety 3 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an ESHM Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
What You'll Get To Do:
• Assists in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new environmental requirements.
• Finds, evaluates, and prepares contracts for properly licensed hazardous and radioactive waste disposal firms and monitors waste handling.
• Organizes and equips spill-control teams.
• Interprets, recommends, and complies with environmental, health and safety regulations and/or company policies.
• Writes and updates environmental and spill-control manuals and procedures.
• Prepares environmental impact statements and applies for all new permits and renewals.
• Provides input to federal and state regulators through trade associations and industry groups for the writing and revision of regulations.
• Manages GBSD EHS requirements and compliance.
• Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
• Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
• Program Manager responsibilities include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type .
• Provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance.
• Makes decisions that support accomplishment of discipline objective.
• Oversees projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt and/or exempt employees.
• Becomes involved only when required to assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems.
• Executes department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department.
• Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units.
• Recommends modifications to operating policies.
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget
• Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinate supervisors or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
• Often head a centralized functional activity.
• Functions as an advisor to unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
• Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
• Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts.
• Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning specifics operations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelors degree and 8 years of professional experience managing projects, programs and operations to ensure successful accomplishment of deliverables; 4 additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
Minimum of 3 years formal managerial experience overseeing a team and responsible for meeting cost and schedule requirements
Budget and Cost Management Experience (EVMS)
Ability to Obtain and Maintain DOD Security Clearance and program access as required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
In Scope active DOD Clearance Secret Level or Above
Experience supporting Northrop Grumman or government contracting/DoD facilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Environmental, Health & Safety