Northrop Grumman GBSD Integration and Checkout Manager 2 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today
Northrop Grumman is seeking 2 managers, an Integration and Checkout Engineering Manager 2 (Manager, Test Engineering 2) and a Prototype Lab Integration and Checkout Manager. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program on the System Test Team. The positions are located in Roy, UT.
The Prototype Lab Integreation and Checkout Manager will be responsible for integrating hardware and software systems for the prototype SIL. Manage the day-to-day operations of the SIL from access control to configuration management of assets, supporting personnel working in the lab.
The Integration and Checkout Engineering Manager will oversee integration and checkout efforts for the system test lines in the Integrated Test Facility.
What You'll Get To Do in the role:
• Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test, test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program.
• Perform technical analysis of complete systems and prepare comprehensive system level evaluations.
• Direct oversight of integration and test teams
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure requirement sell-off
• Responsible for product integration, regression, and verification/validation testing
• Interface with US Government customers
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience; 3 years with a Master's degree
US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
Demonstrated experience in test planning or test execution
Experience leading a project or driving performance against a schedule
US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
Prior management experience
Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
Demonstrated ability working with cross-functional teams and customers
Experience executing in an AGILE environment
Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
Experience in Test automation (development and execution)
Demonstrated knowledge and use of instrumentation and data acquisition type systems
Travel for this position is expected up to 10% of the time.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering