Northrop Grumman GBSD- Ground Launch Control Software Systems Engineer - Staff Systems Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe.
With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Software Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will be part of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program (Minuteman III ICBM replacement) development contract. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Define high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
• Design, develop and test displays, controls and functionality
• Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
• Derive and allocate requirements into detailed design
• Performs code quality management and corrects defects
• Coordinates with HW/SW team to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 1/2 years)
Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors, 12 Years with Masters, 9 Years with PhD
5+ years of experience in systems engineering processes and tools
5+ years of experience in software systems development
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Prior experience with Requirements Management tools (DOORS)
Proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering tools (CAMEO)
Proficiency in Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Software development experience (Java, or C, or C++ development or front-end web development Frameworks)
Top Secret Clearance(investigated in the last 5 and half years)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering