Northrop Grumman GBSD AVE Test Planning & Execution Manager 2 in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Test Planning & Execution Manager for the Aerospace Vehicle Equipment (AVE) team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
As the AVE Test Planning & Execution Manager, you report directly to the Integration Assembly Test & Checkout Lead and will lead a diverse multi-disciplined team of engineers supporting the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent program. You will be responsible for providing high-level task-oriented direction to your team utilizing management guidelines & general policies. The test planning and execution team is responsible for the integration and testing of the both hardware and software at the segment level.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Leading the segment level test execution team and the segment level test planning team
• Lead Test planning and program performance using system engineering and systems test knowledge, utilizing model based systems engineering (MBSE) tools for test and requirement verification
• Reporting progress to leadership on test planning/execution with the ability to provide analysis/solution of any issues that may arise
• Supporting cross team, cross IPT, cross functional working groups to ensure efficiency and best practices
This job will also give you the opportunity to grow the people on your team. You will:
• Staff your team
• Build a culture that empowers and motivates individual performance, and establishes functional shared accountability with the program areas
• Set employee performance goals and provide performance feedback.
• Support the annual salary review process
• Mentor and develop the next generation of technical and project leadership
• Occasionally support proposal activities
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health& Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline or related STEM discipline and five or more years of experience in systems engineering and/or test disciplines.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years), plus ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI clearance
• Demonstrated understanding of test management/planning and project management
• Experience developing Test Plans and Requirement Verification for large complex systems
• Master's Degree in an Engineering discipline or related discipline or related STEM discipline and eight years or more years of experience in systems engineering and/or test disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large and diverse teams, drive a culture of performance and inclusion, foster development and enable collaboration across engineering and operational disciplines
• Ability to collaborate across cross functional teams
• Solid technical and team leadership characteristics
• Previous Experience with ICBMs
• Experience with Model Based Engineering
• Experience with CAMEO and digital engineering environments.
• Experience with Agile
• Proficient in MS Office Products - PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Excel
• Experience with testing system of systems
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering