At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career generating and maturing innovative, trusted, and affordable advanced concepts and technologies that fulfill our nation's strategic deterrence needs allowing for the capture of, and low risk transition to, new development and upgrade programs. Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Advanced Programs has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the future of a national strength that has kept the world without global conflict for seven decades and counting. With us, you'll discover a culture of innovation, corporate and partner collaboration, and commitment to mission that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our Strategic Deterrent Systems cross generations and keep our nation strong and world safe 24/7/365 in an evolving global environment.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Director 1 - Aeronautical Engineering . This position will be located in Huntsville, AL or Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs organization. This position will be responsible for overall technical leadership and excellence across all Advanced Programs activities. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs and interfaces with the SDS Division Engineering organization. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
You'll get to:
• Provide technical leadership and excellence oversight for a growing Advanced Programs team of system analysts, architects, and designers focused on conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyber defense, security, decision aides, etc.
• People leadership for an engineering organization, to include technical processes and excellence, talent growth, mentoring
• Provide technical oversight for all Advanced Programs projects
• Support technology identification, assessment/application, and maturation roadmap creation including cross-division/sector involvement
• Support future Advanced Programs and Division team engagement activities, technical staff performance and goal evaluation, and recruiting/hiring support
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Work closely with the Advanced Programs project leads and core organization leads in defining, growing, and executing the organization's people and business
• Conceptualize, mature, and capture new business for growth of the Division
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
You'll Bring these Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field inclusive of 10 years related experience
• 5+ years experience with DoD weapon systems conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to ballistic missile and/or weapon design to include vehicle, payload, command and control, ground systems, and support systems.
• 3+ years providing technical leadership of an engineering team
• U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
• Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
• Experience with nuclear command and control and legacy platforms/weapon systems.
• Experience with nuclear hardened strategic systems
• Experience with detailed design and engineering and manufacturing development
• Experience with rapid prototyping and demonstration
• Experience with technology needs identification, categorization/assessment, application, and maturation including TRL and MRL definitions
• Top Secret clearance
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills required to work closely with both internal staff and external customers and partners
Salary Range: $176,200 - $278,300
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.