Northrop Grumman HW Engineering Support Manager in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman offers challenging career opportunities in Hardware Engineering within the Mission Systems Sector that play a key role in the mission to protect our military personnel. The Hardware Engineering organization is dedicated to consistently providing high quality product designs in support of multiple product areas.
The Engineering Support Manager oversees a group of approximately 10-15 multi-disciplinary support members. The technical areas of expertise of this group include: product follow (i.e. component obsolescence, production sustainment), standards & components, product integrity engineering (i.e. solder joint analysis, material analysis), data management, configuration management, and printed wiring board layout services. The manager will be responsible for Team Leadership and Management, Team Technical Performance, and Strategic Planning. Tasks included within the scope of responsibility are:
• Staff management & administration
• Cost Account Manager
• Maintenance of and reaction to future staffing projections
• Mentoring & career development, including training
• Program performance monitoring & support
• Ensuring and monitoring quality of work products
• Engineering process maintenance & enforcement
• Leadership of proposal activities for Hardware Engineering
• Thought leadership toward product innovations
• Execute a strategic vision for the Product Integrity, Design Layout Team, Configuration Management, Standards and Components and Product Follow functions.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and 6 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated success in developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams
• Previous experience in lead role(s) for product development
• High proficiency in oral and written communications at all levels within an organization, internally, and externally
• Proficiency in computer use & typical office applications
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain Active secret clearance
• BS or Master's degree in a STEM field
• Certification as a Cost Account Manager and prior working knowledge
• Working familiarity with ISO 9001, AS9100, and CMMI
• Working familiarity with printed wiring board design
• Proven record of collaboration across organizations and geographical location
• Working knowledge of NGC procurement processes
• Formal Continuous Improvement training, such as Six Sigma.
• Working knowledge of Agile process
• Working familiarity with TcE, ISE, and SAP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering