Northrop Grumman DevOps Engineer 2 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
DevOps Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18005906
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in the aerospace and defense industry that values performance and robustness of its products. Many disciplines are involved in the products we create from software and FPGA developers to systems, test and integration engineers. Northrop is looking for talented DevOps Engineers whose primary role is bridging the gap between these groups to identify the body of work required to deliver automated solutions that meet program delivery needs.
- Deploy CI/CD frameworks that automate code generation, builds, testing at both the unit and system test levels, releases and documentation.
- Deploying the solutions in cloud and virtualized environments.
- Developing back end environments for storing testing data and results
- Developing web-based front end dashboard applications for reporting and analysis.
- Maintaining dependency management and container environments
- Work in a fast paced Agile type environment
-2 years work experience with a Bachelor degree in CS, CE, or Software Engineering OR no experience with a Master Degree
-Experience maintaining internet facing production grade applications in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
-Experience writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Java Go and/or similar
-Experience working with technical customers
-Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
-Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
-Proficiency with a minimum of two skillsets as a baseline on the Front End for each bullet point:
• Java, Python, C (2)
• iOS, Android, Windows (app) (1)
-Proficiency with a minimum of two skillsets as a baseline on the Back End for each bullet point :
• Java, Python , C (2)
• MongoDB, Firebase, SQL, Hadoop (2)
• Continuous Improvement/Continuous Deployment
• Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef (2)
• Planning Tool Integration
• Github, Bitbucket, JIRA, Rally, Zenhub, Zephyr (2)
• Cloud and Virtualization Infrastructure
• AWS, Azure (1)
• Vmware, Vagrant, Virtual Box (1)
• Dependency Management
• Grade, Maven, Ivy (1)
-Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
-Understanding of open source server software (NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch)
-Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: DevOps Engineer 2
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 18005906