Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech in Rocket Center, West Virginia
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible . With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a PC Network Tech based out of the Rocket Center, WV location. The selected candidate will be responsible for day-to-day troubleshooting, and will be working together with other support teams to produce results in a time-effective manner.
Job responsibilities include:
• Work with ITS Network and EDN teams to identify and pursue possible connectivity to Enterprise Distributed Network (EDN).
• Work with EDN resources to find ways to automate as much of the patching and virus updates as possible.
• Creation and management of compliant documentation for unclassified off-net computers in Archer GRC.
• Work with all involved organizations to execute POAMs (Plan Of Actions and Milestones) as documented in Archer GRC.
• Conduct a continuous monitoring program for all off network (enclaved) computers.
• Coordinate with local operations supervisors to schedule patching, virus updates and other hardware and software support for all unclassified off-net and advanced manufacturing computers around shop floor production schedule to eliminate/minimize production downtime and ensure no lost product due to unexpected/unplanned IT activities.
• Perform monthly patching, virus updates and other hardware and software support per DFARS and CMMC controls and requirements.
• Provide off-hour on-call support and after-hours and/or weekend work based on shop floor production schedule when required.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting, hardware, software and systems installs for all shop floor computers.
• Perform advanced off-net and shop floor systems support for server and system administration.
• Work with local Facilities Engineering/Operations/Manufacturing and Process Engineering to help create configurations and BOMs for new hardware and software that needs purchased as part of a shop floor equipment purchase and/or capital/facilities request.
• Work with InfoSec and local business leadership to support audits and audit findings on off-net equipment.
• Work with equipment vendors to update hardware, software and connectivity to the equipment.
• Work with vendor to troubleshoot problems.
• Ensure system, configurations, data are backed up and secure for DBR purposes.
• High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to spend an entire work day on their feet (walking, standing, crawling under desks).
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and be able to complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
• Customer relationship skills - must have a passion for customer support.
• Self-starter; able to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology