Northrop Grumman Director of Business Management in Rocket Center, West Virginia
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems, Weapon Systems Division is currently seeking an experienced Director of Business Management to provide leadership to our Missile Products Business Unit team in Rocket Center, WV. This position reports to the Senior Director of Business Management for Missile Products Business Unit and is the principal financial advisor to the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) Operating Unit. The Director provides all forecasting, financial planning and control services through a professional staff that analyzes financial data, applies accepted accounting methods, controls budgets and generates reports on sales, manufacturing costs, profits, etc.
• Provides leadership to all Accounting, Finance, and Price Estimating professionals within ABL. Collaborates with all site functional leadership (Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Mission Assurance, HR, etc.) to implement best business practices.
• Leads the entire function wherein the scope and complexity require a high level of integration of all the professional and technical disciplines within the Finance, Price Estimating, Accounting and Program Controls functions.
• Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with all accounting principles (GAAP, FAR, CAS).
• Evaluates internally developed pricing and proposals in the best financial interest of the business.
• Coordinates, analyzes, and reports the financial performance to division and sector management.
• Provides leadership, recognizes risks and opportunity and takes ownership to drive resolution to problems impacting financial results.
• Develops strong teams and individual professionals.
• Exhibits proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Leads complex business case/performance analysis and able to present in written and verbal methods the impact and recommended path forward.
• Financial (Awards, Sales, Operating Margin, and Cash) planning/forecasting, and analysis.
• Strategic Planning Partnership with ABL Site Leadership Team, the VP of Operations for TP&O, Market Segment Directors and functional peers for the development of the Market Area strategic plans and the Annual Operating Plan.
• Financial management, scheduling and cost control functions for all contracts / projects within the organization.
• Operational budget oversight
• Cost proposal management and preparation. Proposal price analysis and pricing strategy development
• Government accounting policy and compliance
• Discretionary investment & Capital oversight
• Motivation, development, and supervision of a highly skilled professional staff
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Anticipates, understands, and responds to the ever-changing needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Required Experience: • 10% travel may be required
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related discipline
• 8 years of experience managing and developing finance/accounting direct reports.
• 10 years of experience in Finance planning and reporting, strategic planning, cost proposals, project management, budget controls & analysis.
• Proven ability to work well across all levels of management and collaborate with various business and functional areas.
• Strong understanding of government accounting regulations and revenue recognition guidance
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• MBA, Related Master's Degree or CPA is preferred
• Earned Value Management experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management