Northrop Grumman System Security - Mgr Systems Engineering 2 in Redondo Beach, California
System Security - Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Requisition ID: 18006552
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
The System Security Engineering Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 15% of time) and existing program responsibilities (85% or more of time). Along with reporting into a program, the Section Manager is also a member of the Specialty Systems Engineering organization. The Section Manager shall be the functional management point of contact at the work site for the Specialty Systems Engineering Department and will support and implement activities supporting department initiatives, and will report directly to the Specialty Systems Engineering Department Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
Perform resource planning and staffing; staff development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, annual reviews, and issues resolution.
Deployment, measurement, and improvement of tailored processes and procedures and supporting product cost reduction strategies.
Work with programs to review, assess and implement requirements.
Candidates to have specific domain expertise in System Security Engineering (SSE) / Information Assurance (IA) / Cyber Security; experience providing life-cycle support of Information Assurance (IA) and Anti-Tamper (AT) for requirements, architecture, design, implementation, secure software practices, validation and testing, and Certification & Accreditation (C&A); applying system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture; and evaluating different network and enclave configurations with respect to the D0DI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages; and write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound IA/ Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) from an ABET accredited university, and 5 years of Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment
- Previous Systems Security experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Electrical Design, Software Programming, Risk Analysis, and/or Aerospace projects.
- Active DoD Secret or Interim Top Secret Clearance (or higher)
- Master’s degree in a STEM discipline
- DoD Top Secret clearance with active SCI access
- The ability to clearly and accurately express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports and presentations is essential.
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills;
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward
- Prior Assignment manager and/or performance management experience
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all involved employees.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: System Security - Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18006552