Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Windows/Linux Systems Administrator in Redondo Beach, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Classified Enterprise Infrastructure Services (CEIS) - is responsible for supporting the classified computer infrastructure across the enterprise. Areas of support include infrastructure operations and Risk Management Framework (RMF) security controls for networks, servers, and endpoint devices (i.e. desktop computers.) The CEIS team is focused on service delivery and strategic operational planning for projects with emphasis on leveraging current technologies to improve the Program's efficiency, increase affordability, and mitigate risk.
The applicant must have the ability to apply their technical skills and experience in managing Windows and Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting engineers working with homegrown databases using advanced programming languages and algorithms as well as COTS products such as Microsoft SharePoint for example but not limited to.
Roles and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Manage and maintain smooth operation of workstations (working closely with CEIS desktop support and network administration) software and hardware engineers which could be across the Continental United States.
• Analyze and determine internal and external customer needs by specifying and right sizing hardware/equipment to meet software requirements to solve problems. (Recommends specifications on purchasing hardware, software, or system components.)
• Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Prepare security documentation for input to Cyber Security.
• Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops rational and methodical solutions.
• Ensure data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing, and managing software and hardware solutions.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing patches, system upgrades both hardware and software, monitoring, solving system errors, and configuration management.
• Document technical processes and procedures as needed
• Knowledge of ICD-503 and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, DISA, and STIGs
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Work after hours and weekends as needed
• Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
•Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
•Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
•IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
•Experience managing Windows Server OS
•Experience with designing Windows domain architectures include but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Policies, and permissions
•Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
• Bachelors or Masters degree in IS related field
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF,STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
• Server management
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
• Any platform SQL or Database Administration
• Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Project Server
• Windows domain architecture experience
• Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or Certification
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
• VMWare experience with current version
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
• Rudimentary Scripting
• Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology