At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Reliability Engineer (focusing on electrical engineering/infrastructure) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
• Gather a full understanding of the electrical distribution infrastructure systems throughout the Space Park facilities, including all low, medium, and high voltage power distribution equipment.
• Perform periodic reviews of the electrical systems throughout the Space Park facilities and identify areas of reliability concerns.
• Inspect or direct the inspection of construction and installation progress throughout construction projects' lifespans to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
• Coordinate with Facilities Project Leaders and architecture/engineering firms in developing and reviewing design criteria and/or layout and detail drawings.
• Review data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date(s), and construction feasibility.
• Participate/Lead the root cause/fault mode analysis of electrical infrastructure equipment failures throughout the campus and provide documentation of those findings, including recommended corrective actions.
• Participate in risk analysis of electrical infrastructure equipment and provide solutions to mitigate those risks.
• Review short circuit, coordination, and arc flash analysis reports provided by third-party consultants.
• Interface with the Facilities Maintenance department personnel as required to identify potential maintenance engineering issues (on existing equipment and new construction) and to mitigate risks.
• Support the Facilities Reliability and Infrastructure Optimization department as required.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications :
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field and eight (8) years of electrical engineering experience OR a master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field and six (6) years of electrical engineering experience.
• Experience working in a mission critical facility environment by participating in design, construction, commissioning, or miscellaneous supporting activities for electrical systems (low, medium, and/or high voltage applications).
• Proven ability to work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Experience communicating requirements and working with internal and external customers to coordinate difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (DoD TS/SCI with SSBI).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
• Aerospace industry facilities management experience.
• Licensed Professional Engineer or current engineer-in-training (EIT) certificate.
• Experience working with building management system (BMS) and related controls.
• Familiarity working with complex facilities infrastructure feeding clean rooms/labs, offices, and manufacturing spaces.
Salary Range: $117,700 - $176,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs