Northrop Grumman Program Manager (Director 1) / Rushmore - Multiple Locations in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of the Rushmore Program Manager for the System Operations & Maintenance (SO&M) organization.
Responsibilities include program management and functional leadership of a geographically and programmatically diverse organization with locations spanning three continents. This position can be located in Redondo Beach, CA, Aurora, CO, Harrogate, UK, OR Alice Springs, AU.
The Rushmore program manager is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the contract per the statement of work - assuring successful 24x7 operations, providing accurate and timely business and financial reporting to the customer and assuring the Northrop Grumman team is positioned to adapt to evolving customer requirements. Additionally, the successful candidate is responsible for providing functional home-room support for all assigned personnel. The candidate must be able to effectively interact with customers, subcontractors, other contractors, Strategic Space Systems Division management, factory, other site managers, and site personnel to ensure successful program execution. Candidate must promote and represent the Northrop Grumman brand and image at site and in the local community.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Subcontract management
• Engineering change proposal preparation and negotiation
• Definition of staffing requirements
• Recruitment of qualified personnel
• Personnel management
• Definition of training requirements
• Engagement initiatives
• Customer and cross-site / cross-program coordination and execution of strategic planning activities
• Ability to receive and relay information effectively across various levels of stakeholders
• Ensure appropriate and effective team relationships/interactions with customer, programs, and external organizations
• Provide leadership to drive affordability at all levels of the organization; implement difficult and potentially paradigm shifting CONOPS changes that satisfy customer desires for more efficient support
• Develop and execute effective strategy for capture of follow-on business; plan for future consolidation and seize opportunities for growth.
• Create a positive work environment to foster innovation and development necessary to recruit and retain top talent
• Ensure readiness to integrate new systems
• Sustain an effective, working relationship with multiple suppliers
• Ensure compliance with customer and company standards and policies
• Risk and Opportunity Management
• Domestic and international travel is required depending on the program needs
The position may be located at any of the following sites. The hiring manager will make the final determination of the specific site location for the selected candidate.
Redondo Beach, California and Aurora, Colorado
• Relocation package may be provided
Harrogate, United Kingdom and Alice Springs, Australia
• A comprehensive overseas relocation and compensation package is offered with this position
• An initial 2-year tour commitment is required for either of these locations
Job Category : Program Management