Northrop Grumman Principal Proposal Analyst - Price/Cost Analyst in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Principal Proposal Analyst - Price/Cost Analysis to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA .
Responsibilities will include, but not limited:
· Performs Price and Cost analysis on the various elements of supplier cost proposals
· Conducts market research, analyzes historical data and develops cost estimating models and factors to evaluate price reasonableness and develop negotiation positions.
· Analyzes data such as direct labor hours, material, ODC, profit, rates, past performance, costs of previous procurements, and/or comparison to similar items/scope
· Participates in fact-finding sessions via telecom or at suppliers site
· Evaluates Supplier proposals for compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 15 Table 15-2 requirements, and prepares and provides written supplier Price/Cost Analysis Reports detailing and evaluating the suppliers' price/cost proposal in accordance with the Enterprise Procurement Manual, specific solicitation and customer requirements, recognized industry best practices and in full compliance with USG regulatory requirements.
· Reviews and evaluates Subcontractor claims of "Commerciality" and makes formal Commercial Item Determinations based on Market Research and supplier support
· Establishes supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost to attain formal Supply Chain Management approval for supplier negotiations. May lead or participate in supplier negotiations.
· Serves as a liaison between the Pricing and Estimating Group (P&EG) and other functional departments to facilitate the collection of cost and pricing data
· Maintains all records and supporting data used and provided in support of proposals
· Supports GSC pricing and estimating activities both during the proposal phase and in post award execution
· Supports Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Proposal Audits and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Purchasing System Audits as required
· Provides Make/Buy Analysis Support
· Requests and obtains DCAA Assist Audits where applicable
· Must possess good oral and written communication skills
· Functions well in a team environment
· Ability to multitask within a dynamic environment is critical.
· Ability to prepare cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
· Ability to pull actuals (SAP a plus) and analyze historical actuals for use in proposals
· Ability to evaluate supplier proposals with large sets of supporting data
· We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work autonomously to achieve great success.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Math or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years' of experience in one or more of the following: Price/Cost Analysis, Project Management, Proposals, Accounting, Finance, or Procurement
· Working experience with Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel and Word)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of the government regulations FAR and DFARS.
· Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting/proposal auditing techniques.
· Previous experience with SAP
· Familiarity with the concept and application of Learning Curves
· Ability to obtain and retain a DoD/SCI Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Development