Northrop Grumman Network Analyst in Redondo Beach, California
Requisition ID: 18002555
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Administrator/Analyst to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Information Technology Solutions team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Available for 24/7 support when needed.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators, and computer/facility organizations. The ability to multi-task and good verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Bachelor's degree with 9 years of related experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree
•Active Secret clearance (reinvestigation within the past 5 years)
• Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP
• Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging) and spanning-tree
• Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP
• IP addressing design and subnets
• Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets
• Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES)
• Knowledge of Cisco hardware
• Knowledge of classified network design is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good project management skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
• DoD 8570 training and certifications (Cisco and Security certification)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Network Analyst
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18002555