Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Redondo Beach, California
Mgr Programs 3
Requisition ID: 18003130
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The COAST II Deputy Program Manager and Innovation leader is primarily responsible for leadership and management of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) IWO roles and scope responsibility for the COAST II program, reporting programmatically to the COAST II Program Manager (NG Aerospace Systems) with line of business reporting responsibilities to MS leadership. The COAST II program is a OneNG prime program with Echelon 2 operations, maintenance and sustainment activities, providing operations engineering, software, hardware, system engineering, and infrastructure support at CONUS and OCONUS locations. The program operates seamlessly in an OneNG environment with specific roles and responsibilities as defined by the contractual SOW. The specific scope may trend and change with time depending on customer requirements necessitating flexible and dynamic leadership. The COAST II DPM (MS PM) is responsible for staffing, execution, risk management, growth and adherence to Northrop Grumman processes for program mission success. The DPM is responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of large modernization and risk reduction efforts at Ground Stations and the factory locations.
The program emphasizes modernization, resilience, automation and affordability as enterprise priorities. The DPM (MS PM) has innovation responsibilities leading the positioning for future COAST II resilient modernization and COAST III program continuation. This entails developing proposals, business plans, statement of work, specification and operating budgets. The COAST II program is $60-100 annually; with 100s of personnel. The MS IWO is >$45M employing >150 personnel.
Successful candidates will have operations, maintenance and sustainment; development, integration and/or test experience. Customer relationship building, cross-sector relationship building, and remote operational relationship building are musts. Mission 1 and space system operating environment experience are preferred. OneNG multi-sector experience is desired. Ability to collaborate across NG contracts and subcontracts with associate program managers and personnel is a must. Occasional domestic and international travel are required. The ability to plan and execute complex schedules across multiple baselines, be responsive and flexible to changes, and posture for future business is essential for this leadership position. The DPM must have effective written and oral presentations skills and will have the responsibility to lead the preparation and review of Customer and Executive management reviews. The COAST II team is a highly effective, high performing team with expected 24/7 duties on eventful occasions. The PM and DPM are leadership partners; and thus, candidates must have strong partnering, shared allocation leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
• Eight years of experience in leading programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
• Five years of demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
• Three years program management, hardware procurement, software development, integration and test, as well as large system deployments.
• Experience with service level agreements, award fee contracting and negotiations
• Proven leadership record working in collaboration across multiple sector, contract, and customer interfaces
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
• Experience with Intelligence, DoD and other USG customers
• Experience drawing on technical solutions from the NGC enterprise
• Experience in lead roles on large capture efforts
• Experience with cloud provisioning technologies and architectures
• Experience with CONUS and OCONUS deployments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mgr Programs 3
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18003130