Northrop Grumman Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Structures Design Section Manager for the F-35 Program. This position is responsible for providing technical and functional management (people, processes, tools, and technology) for a team of structures design engineers supporting F-35 program activities. The selected candidate will provide leadership and direction regarding the design of composite aircraft parts and assemblies, and provide oversight and direction in meeting program objectives. Individual will have responsibility to ensure customer requirements regarding airframe are met, and will provide technical oversight for BTP/RCI review and approval, production floor support, and fleet support. Will work closely with program Chief Engineer, Chief Design Manager, and CMS IPT Leader.
Position Program Responsibilities:
1) F-35 CMS IPT technical guidance
2) ITAR Technical Advisor
3) Represent F-35 in the Structures Design Community of Practice
1) Forecasting and meeting staffing requirements for F-35 CMS IPT in Redondo Beach and Palmdale
2) Conducting performance reviews, salary planning and merit increases, and promotion recommendations to the FHR
3) Conduct Staff and 1:1 meetings for teams and individuals assigned to their section
4) Ensure tools and processes are in place to ensure program and individual employee success for the F-35 Program
• BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Minimum 9 years applicable Design Engineering or related experience working on military or government projects.
• Minimum 5 years applicable Composite Design Engineering or related experience working on Airframe.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US Government DoD Secret Security Clearance after hire.
• Demonstrated technical leadership and management experience
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with the customer and program management.
• 3 Years applicable Structures Design experience working on the F-35 Program
• MS Degree in a STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics) discipline
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering