Northrop Grumman Mgr Electronics Engineering 2 in Redondo Beach, California
Mgr Electronics Engineering 2
Requisition ID: 18004222
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is currently seeking an Antenna Products Section Head in Mechanical Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role will be based in Redondo Beach, California. The candidate will be responsible for leading a 10-15 person organization.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Antenna Products Section including employee development & mentoring, performance management, personnel recruiting & retention, staffing, communications, technical support to programs and technology/business development efforts.
- Possess strong initiative, a demonstrated ability to multiplex in a dynamic environment, a responsive attitude and a proven ability to balance competing program and functional demands.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a collaborative, engaging working environment, and an ability to manage competing interests/priorities are highly desirable.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video - www.northropgrumman.com/HYPERLINK " http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Must have experience with the overall spacecraft and payload development process
- Ability to obtain/retain a DOD Secret and SCI clearance
- BSME Degree
- Master’s degree
- Specific domain knowledge in the development of antenna hardware, related tools and verification methodologies required
- Recognition as an antenna hardware Subject Matter Expert
- Active, In-scope DoD Secret and SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mgr Electronics Engineering 2
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18004222