Northrop Grumman Materials Process Technician 1 in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a to Material Process Technician to 1 join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Conducts experiments and tests involving mechanical, optical, thermal, metallurgical or composite hardware within fabrication or processing laboratories to support engineering and reliability analyses. Evaluates new processes, components, products, and systems in conformance with engineering specifications. Isolates problems for further analyses. Collects and documents results, and generates reports. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. May design experiments. May be required to ensure correct functioning and identify any discrepancies. May advise operators and inform engineers regarding processes, procedures, and equipment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 0 years additional education and/or work related experience
• Mechanically inclined with the ability and to assemble and troubleshoot test support hardware.
• Experience with using basic power tools and machinery
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) at a basic skill level
• Composite fabrication experience in testing and/or production setting (creating composite lay-ups, flatwise tensile coupons, physical testing).
• Ability to reading and correctly interpret work instructions, while raising questions when needed.
• Previous experience with assembling mechanical test setups and troubleshooting mechanical test equipment.
• Ability to setup and perform materials engineering related tests with some oversight (e.g. tensile testing, metallography processing, material test coupon fabrication).
• Experience collaborating with colleagues and customers in a professional atmosphere.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production