Northrop Grumman Manager 2, Program Planning and Scheduling in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Manager 2, Program Planning and Scheduling to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
Job Description / SOW:
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector is seeking a Manager 2, Program Planning & Scheduling on our Schedule Management team in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage a small team of Program Planning & Scheduling Analysts
• Perform mid-year and year-end performance reviews
• Develop direct team knowledge and depth
• Prepares, develops and coordinates the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to meet all program objectives.
• Ensures program schedules are horizontally and vertically integrated.
• Provides weekly status and reporting
• Conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR) and Joint Surveillance Reviews (JSR) audits
• Implements scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
o DCMA 14-point
o IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
o NDIA EIA-748 32 Guidelines
o Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
o Critical Path Methodology (CPM)
o Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
• Schedule Performance and Health Metrics and Analysis
• Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
• Ability to create presentation content and present to various levels of leadership
• Ability to effectively work with multiple functional teams, supplier teams, and the Program/Project Manager
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
Bachelor's Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 6 years of Planning & Scheduling, Finance, Pricing, Program Management, or Engineering experience; OR Master's degree with 4 years of Planning & Scheduling, Finance, Pricing, Program Management, or Engineering experience
A current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with an active SCI.
Experience with Microsoft Project Server environment
Knowledge of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development; Schedule Risk
Assessment (SRA) approach and execution
Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management, and executive leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management