Northrop Grumman Intern, Facilities in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space work connects and protects millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Intern, Construction Engineer to join the Space Systems Sector Intern Program. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space Park Site Operations Organization
The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced strategic facilities project planning capacity
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Construction engineering specializations that may include:
• Planning and designing and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities
• Gathering and reviewing data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Coordinating with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
• Preparing bid sheets and contracts for construction facilities acquisition.
• Reviewing and estimating design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
• Inspecting or directing the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications and schedules.
• Planning, designing and overseeing the construction of new or expanded facilities.
• Preparing architectural, engineering, and cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules. Obtains and supervises outside contractors.
• Recommending architectural and engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities.
• Supervising the detailed design, budgetary costing, standardized construction, and final inspection of facility projects.
• Conducting construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements. Provides engineering consulting services to local and divisional offices
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
• Be majoring in Construction Management, facilities Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, project management, civil/structural/mechanical/industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering. Engineering with a focus on Facilities (infrastructure), equipment, such as power.
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0 or higher
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorthropGrummanCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/northrop-grumman-corporation/
FOLLOW @NGCareers on Twitter https://twitter.com/NGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia https://www.youtube.com/channel
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Job Category : Administrative Services