Northrop Grumman Engineer Software 4 in Redondo Beach, California
Engineer Software 4
Requisition ID: 18008675
Location(s): United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will lead the development of an embedded SW application for use in a MILSATCOM product.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs SW applications and systems
Conducts multidisciplinary collaborations with other engineering groups in support of SW development
Assesses program intent and higher level requirements against SW capabilities to ensure correct SW product is produced
Ensures SW standards are met
Programming experience in C/C
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- 9 years of Software development experience with a STEM Bachelor's degree; or 7 years of Software development experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 4 years of Software development experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- At least 5 years experience in Flight Software development
- Experience with C/C programming language
- US citizen with active Secret security clearancePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience working with VxWorks
- Experience in MILSATCOM domain
- Experience working with AMP flight software (unclassified)
- Experience developing security critical software and interfacing with approval organizations (i.e. NSA)Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Software 4
Location: California-Redondo Beach
Requisition ID: 18008675