Northrop Grumman Director 1 - Division Program Management Excellence in Redondo Beach, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for space systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD, has an opening for a Director 1 - Division Director Program Management Excellence to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As the Director, you will be the expert responsible for assessing and improving program execution effectiveness across the SSSD division. You will:
• Lead program execution assessments during capture and program start-up
• Develop strategies for a broad set of activities to advance program management effectiveness
• Maintain and improve division program management processes by creating and implementing training and tools
• Plan and conduct division Non-Advocate Reviews (NARs), Program Startup up Reviews (PSRs), Independent Assessments (IAs) of programs or key suppliers, and support sector and corporate NARs
• Maintain PM processes consistent with AS9100, corporate/sector processes, and the individual needs of programs
• Lead and direct cross-functional teams (i.e. scheduling, business management , contracts, GSC, SE risk, etc.) to improve program cost and schedule execution including suppliers and IWOs
• Continue to develop division program management web content and training material, that addresses the most effective program execution methodologies for PMs as well as IPTs and CAMs.
• Develop division PM training strategy including basic PM skills for CAMs
• Assess how customer contractual and program execution expectations are evolving, and identify and share best practices ensuring program management effectiveness across the Division. Recent examples include: increased use of Other Transaction Agreements (OTAs) for multi-phase rapid development demonstrations, compressed development schedules and requirements flexibility, Digital Transformation requirements, Agile execution, and fixed price development.
• Develop a multi-year division Program Management Digital Transformation strategy in coordination with other division discipline areas, and sector initiatives
The successful candidate will lead and collaborate across functional organizations. They will create strong partnerships with the programs and Business Unit (BU) leadership teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with ten (10) years of experience within the Defense Industry
• Five (5) years of management experience in program management, IPT, or leading a major subcontract acquisition
• Proven experience in program management fundamentals including experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), schedule risk analysis, and risk management in support of U.S. Government contracts and customers
• Experience in large scale space system development programs with cross division participation
• Ability to develop and foster an inclusive work environment that attracts, retains, and inspires diverse and engaged teams.
• Active (in-scope) DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Master's Degree in STEM
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs
• Proven collaborator, with proven ability to work across multiple disciple areas
• Experience with the successful proposal preparation, leading red teams, and/or NARs
• Experience with Program Startup, including establishing a Performance Management Board (PMB), and participating in an integrated baseline review (IBR) with the customer
• Experience managing a team executing on a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) type contracts, rapid development and/or demo contracts
• Demonstrated ability leading change
• Experience with Digital Transformation initiatives and/or other multiyear initiatives improving program execution effectiveness
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management