Northrop Grumman Consulting Communications Systems Engineer in Redondo Beach, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Consulting Engineer Optical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Systems Engineering Directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Systems engineering leadership in the development of communication architectures and requirements for emerging communication systems
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design end-to-end optical communication systems
• Drive new business capture, to include leadership on proposals and capture activities
• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 20 years of communication systems experience in an aerospace environment; or 18 years of communication systems experience with a STEM Master's degree; or 14 years of communication systems experience with a STEM PhD
• Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
• Experience developing architectures and requirements for optical communication systems
• PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in optical communications with 15 years of optical communication systems experience in an aerospace environment
• Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
• Experience in the development of space-based communication systems payloads
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering