Northrop Grumman Software Testing Technician in Providence, Rhode Island
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Software Testing Technician. This position is located in Providence, RI.
Primary responsibilities will focus on system testing of mainframe and web-based applications.
· Analyze, develop, and manage testing documentation
· Develop lifecycle documents, including Test Plans, Test Checklists, User Manual, Agile User Stories, and Defect documentation.
· Interface with management and provide various reports on a regular basis
· Reverse engineer and create testing documents from an existing system by reviewing various types of software code.
· Design, create, execute, document test scenarios, test cases, and test results
· Perform unit, system and integration testing along with assisting in development of test and conversion plans.
• A Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience or 4 years of additional experience can substitute for a degree
• Minimum of 3 years of designing, creating, executing, documenting test scenarios, test cases, and test results
• Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in 2 or more of the following: Developing lifecycle documents, including Use Cases, Detailed Functional Requirements, Detailed Design Specifications, and Software Requirement Specifications
• Must be able to pass a background check, including FBI fingerprint check and National Agency check.
• Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
• Must reside in the United States
• Experience with JIRA
Experience with the following tools and processes:
Experience with automated testing tools
Experience with defect tracking tools
Reverse engineering and creating requirements documents for an existing system (as is scenario) by reviewing any type of software code or development background.
Knowledge of non-relational databases
Experience with front and back end web based applications and familiar with various web service technologies.
Experience in developing test cases and writing SQL queries to validate the data and application.
Possess technical writing skills and able to review others' work products.
Mainframe testing experience - Adabas/Natural if possible
Configuration Management experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering