Northrop Grumman Staff Business Development Rep in Plymouth, Minnesota
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Northrop Grumman is actively seeking a motivated defense/aerospace professional with the demonstrated ability to proactively create, cultivate and enhance relationships with current and potential customers and key contacts in industry and government to identify, develop, and capture new business opportunities. The responsibilities of the position will balance external customer relationship management activities with internal support of the daily operations of the Guided Projectiles Business Development Team. The Staff Business Development Representative role reports directly to the Guided Projectiles Director of Business Development
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential customers and stakeholders within the Guided Projectiles Business Segment.
• Gather intelligence through customer interaction and market analysis to identify strategic new business opportunities.
• Prepare consolidated business development capture plans and pursuit briefings in support of new business acquisition.
• Proactively work with external customers and internal stakeholders across departments and business segments to execute structured and planned business development and capture initiatives.
• Develop and deliver customer presentations which communicate recommended munition solutions that address requirements critical to providing lethal overmatch to the Warfighter.
• Develop presentations and white papers that communicate growth strategies and plans for legacy and new munition programs to senior management within the Guided Projectiles Business Segment.
• Coordinate customer visits, internal meetings and web-based conferences in support of new business development.
• Perform research activities in support of new business development, capture strategy, and proposal development.
• Maintain the business development CRM database for all active Guided Projectiles new business opportunities and pursuits
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Military, Business Development/Marketing or related roles with a strong DoD munitions background.
• Candidates must have demonstrated professional management and customer stakeholder communication skills and experience.
• Self-Starter with excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
• Team player who is results oriented; winner mentality.
• Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiations.
• Former Military desirable.
• 4 year / Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
• US citizenship required.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• 40% Domestic and International travel required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Development