Northrop Grumman Publications Specialist in Plymouth, Minnesota
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is seeking a Desktop Publishing/Graphics Support Specialist for the company's Technical Publishing Department at its Plymouth, MN location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is accountable for supporting the design, formatting, and production of a variety of products (e.g., proposals, reports, presentations, newsletters) in a customer-oriented environment. Position requires expertise in document formatting and print production of professional-level materials to ensure consistency in design and layout. Position includes creating and formatting graphics, figures, images, tables, and charts in PowerPoint or Adobe Suite. Creating or formatting styles, automatic tables of contents, sections, headers, footers, and page numbers in Microsoft Word.
Position requires versatility in multiple software packages, the ability to produce quality work consistently as well as being compatible with follow-on printing processes. In addition, the position is responsible for familiarity and compliance with both standard and variable requirements, including corporate branding guidelines, departmental procedures and standards, internal client instructions, and mandatory solicitation requirements.
Graphic design in this role includes both print and digital publication and proposal graphics; PowerPoint presentations, document covers, newsletters, facility signage, calendars, certificates, banners, posters, brochures, digital signage, tent cards, and involves trimming/cutting, gator board mounting and laminating items.
Candidates should be flexible and available to work some evenings and weekends if needed.
• Support, develop, and manage business/proposal graphics and format text documents in support of proposals and other projects.
• Draw, design and/or manipulate illustrations/figures for digital and/or print.
• Work collaboratively with proposal managers/coordinators and editors to establish scope, schedules, and support requirements.
• Adhere to configuration management procedures and enforcement of version control mechanisms.
• Maintain revision control processes for controlled documents.
• Maintain compliance with corporate, departmental, and solicitation-specific standards.
• Update web page content on SharePoint sites.
• Assist customers in need of software/hardware application support.
• Cross-train to support peers as needed.
• Observe compliance, quality process, and safety procedures.
• Associate's degree or equivalent combination of experience/training/certifications.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Demonstrated ability and skill in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
• Strong attention to detail, strong grammar and proofreading skills, and proficient typing skills.
• Ability to query authors for clarity and compliance purposes and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints, relay and receive information and collaborate in a team environment.
• Ability to absorb and apply feedback from peers and clients.
• Excellent time-management skills to ensure all deadlines are met while maintaining high quality.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Interpretation and application of solicitation instructions for producing proposals.
• Candidate must possess or have the ability to acquire and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of experience in a proposal development/business graphics/print production environment.
• Experienced photographer and photo editor.
• General knowledge of MS SharePoint, Visio, Publisher and Project.
• Proposal editor experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Communications