Northrop Grumman Prncpl Suply Chn Procrmnt Spec in Plymouth, Minnesota
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist for our location in Plymouth, MN .
Position Summary: Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers. Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required. Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations. Issues purchase orders. Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
This candidate will join the Mechanical Commodity Team and will be responsible for leading a sub commodity centered on custom plastic injection molded parts. Previous background working with build to print plastic components, in a FAR/DFAR or tightly controlled environment is preferred.
• Bachelor degree with a minimum work experience of 4-6 years preferably in U.S. Government procurement, contracts, subcontracts or related field.
• The successful candidate must have experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable, possess knowledge relating to special payment provisions (progress or performance based payments). Applicant must understand the proposal process, pricing instructions, terms and conditions and determine the adequacy of supplier proposals received.
• The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and writing skills as well as identification of risk mitigation techniques and problem solving skills
• Must be a US citizen
• Expertise in Word and Excel.
• Experience using Cospoint, Cognos and Sharepoint
• Eligible to obtain secret clearance.
• Knowledge of: U.S. Government contracting and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)/Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulation Supplement (DFARS), with specific working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit procedures.
• ASCM or APICS Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain