Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Systems in Plymouth, Minnesota
Northrop Grumman is in need of a Principal Systems Engineer to work in its Weapons Systems division at the Plymouth, Minnesota location.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
This position is with the specialty engineering team. The person will work with the team on multiple weapon system development projects. The work is system focused with emphasis safety features and qualification against department of defense safety standards for armaments. Additional work will be in the areas of reliability and cyber security to ensure the products and systems function in predictable, reliable, and secure fashion.
• Bachelors degree, preferably in engineering, and at least 6 years of experience or a Masters degree, preferably in engineering, and at least 4 years of experience.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Must be a US Citizen
• Familiarity with Logistic product development, manuals, training, and provisioning
• Familiarity Reliability engineering and common analyses - Predictions, FMEA
• Familiarity with military systems is helpful and former/current military personnel are encouraged welcome to apply
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering