Northrop Grumman High School Intern, Embedded Software Engineering in Plymouth, Minnesota
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is seeking High School Software Engineering Interns to join the Defense Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Plymouth Minnesota.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Weapon Systems, embedded software engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities may include assisting software engineers with any of the following:
Develop real time embedded C/C++ code per specifications defining the capabilities and interfaces
Generate and unit test code using IDEs on a custom breadboard in a lab setting.
Contribute to creation of clear and professional plan, specification, design, test and release documentation per DoD standards
Create test scripts in Python.
Create PC applications / tools using either Visual Studio, MATLAB, LabVIEW, python, etc.
Write/execute acceptance test procedures for test platforms
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a high school degree, graduating AFTER August 2021
• Be involved and interested in STEM classes, extracurricular, clubs, etc.
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• 3.7 cumulative GPA or higher
• Experience, coursework, or extracurricular work with C or C++ programming
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering