Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer - Environmental Requirements Staff (Space -Satelite - Top Secret/SCI Clearance) in Pasadena, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, around the earth, to the Moon, to Mars, and throughout the solar system this includes systems engineering, spacecraft development, manufacturing, integration and test, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and innovative technology development. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman in support of the Jet Prolusion Laboratory. Join an organization of Technical Services support to National Security programs, earth science and planetary missions. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Space Systems Sector, Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Systems Engineer to assist an innovative team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to perform engineering on spacecraft systems or subsystems.
The position is in Pasadena, California.
Responsibilities may include:
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Will be responsible for supporting the customer lead overseeing a team of dynamics, thermal, EMC/EMI and natural space engineers to verify that all flight hardware is fully compatible with all anticipated mission environments.
• Perform thermal and structural analyses of electronic hardware designs. Support design reviews.
• Determine component temperatures for a variety of environments and assess random vibration fatigue life.
• Review analyses submitted by subcontractors to customer projects.
• Support environmental test programs including EMC/EMI, vibrations, shock analysis and other appropriate tests on hardware.
• Interact extensively with project personnel and test engineers, defining and documenting the project environmental verification program consistent with the plan.
• Preparing and managing risks inherent in the accomplishment of the environmental verification program. Will maintain and track status using an online Mission Assurance database.
Job Category : Engineering