Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Systems Test Engineer in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronatuc Systems is looking for a UAS Subject Matter expert in Palmdale, CA whose duties will include but not limited to:
• Supporting the flight operations team in:
• Developing CONOPS for International UAS Program flights within and outside US.
• Domestic Airspace (e.g., routing, alternate/divert airfields, ATC and airspace coordination, ground shelter positioning, link requirements, etc.).
• Defining frequency and equipage requirements in international and other nations' national airspace.
• Conducting site survey plans and activities at primary and alternate airfields.
• Support to Working Group meetings involving discussions related to Airspace, Mission Planning, Testing, or General Flight Operations of UAS.
• Support to the flight test team to define airspace clearance requirements for flights in international and other nations' national airspace.
• Support with Host nation and FAA airspace request submissions.
• Support of UAV route definition and refinement with host nations, FAA, and mission planning functions.
• Coordination of user mission requirements, airspace restrictions, and aircraft system capabilities with mission planners during the mission planning process.
• Ferry Flight FAA and Foreign ATC organization coordination for routing, mission planning, approval, and execution to the customer's host nation.
• Review presentations and proposals with Northrop Grumman Test Manager and Test Team to ensure that they are prepared at the appropriate level and effectively communicate the desired information.
•Support the test team in planning, coordination, execution of ferry flight CONOPS and Approval Process in US, Foreign and International Airspace.
• Support UAS programs in defining airspace requirements and providing airspace solutions for safe and effective flight test.
This position supports the Palmdale Flight Test Operation department but can be worked remotely from home with some occasional travel up to 10%.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Bachelors of Science degree in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and 9 years of related experience OR MS in STEM and 7 years of related experience OR Ph.D in STEM and 4 years of related experience
• Work experience with Federal Aviation Administration and DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation for RQ-4 access to the US National Airspace System.
• Subject Matter Expert on coordinating with FAA for unmanned flight ranges approvals and Certificate of Authorizations (COA)s.
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
• Experience with Unmanned System Mission Planning
• 15+ years' experience in unmanned aircraft systems development, flight test, and integration into the national airspace system
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering