Northrop Grumman Software Development Analyst (Principal Level) in Palmdale, California
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today!
Enterprise Services, in support of NGAS, is seeking an experienced Software Development Analyst based out of Palmdale, CA to provide leadership and support for the Aeronautics Systems Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) program. This program consolidates multiple existing PLM systems into an advanced PLM environment that forms the foundation for the Digital Transformation of NGAS Engineering and Manufacturing. The PLM environment contains Engineering and Manufacturing product and process data for the sector and will integrate with other software systems including ERP, MES and multiple CAD/Engineering tools.
The Software Development Analyst will work to research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software involved in planning of system deployment, and will be responsible for meeting software compliance standards. The selected candidate will evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall systems. In addition to that, the candidate will test documents, maintain system corrections, analyze, design, build and implement software changes to support the restricted Program Integrated PLM system. This will be done in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment with many teams across the country.
• Analyzing, planning, development, testing, and implementing Teamcenter configurations
• Developing and supporting integrations with other applications required to interface with the Teamcenter
• Debugging problems with the Teamcenter environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence
• Tracking requirements, tasks, and test cases using Microsoft Azure DevOps
• Maintaining proper software configuration management using Git
• Providing support for System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business users as necessary
• Providing demos and support to users as required
• Supporting business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live and in production
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or related engineering discipline, with at least a minimum of 5 years of related work experience is required
• C, C++, and Java coding experience
• Ability to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users
• Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality
• Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results
• Work effectively with teams across the country
• Must possess active DoD Secret or higher security clearance
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Teamcenter Unified /Enterprise
• Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps and Git
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology