Northrop Grumman Software Development Analyst 2 in Palmdale, California
Software Development Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 18004365
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Software Development Analyst 2 needed to support Engineering Wiring Design Tools in both classified and unclassified environments for AS Sector in Palmdale, CA. The position will support and maintain software solution for B-2 Wiring Design Environment, and diagnose process and data issues on the suite of applications used by Engineering for wiring design, including HarnesSys. Perform liaison function between application business functions and sector business process functional home rooms.
He/she will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Works under general direction of manager and project lead
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
• Requirements definition and planning
• Server configuration consultation
• Client PC consultation
• Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
• License management
• Trouble ticket resolution
• Conformance to CMMI Level 3 processes
• 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science degree, or similar technical discipline; 0 years of experience with a Masters
• Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance.
• Proven experience programming in Java, C, C and ASP.NET.
• Experience with supporting applications and users within a large enterprise.
• Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution.
• Ability to learn architecture of Wiring Design Environment, and maintain code base primarily in Java.
• Must be eligible for a DoD Secret clearance or greater.
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools used at Northrop Grumman as they apply to mechanical, electrical, or systems product development cycles.
• Experience with Northrop Grumman AS Sector standards of HarnesSys, Teamcenter, CATIA and NX CAD. Experience with SQL database coding is a plus.
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
• Work effectively within teams where other team members may be located throughout the country and influencing others to action who are not direct reports.
• Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
• Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred, but not required at start.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Development Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 18004365