Northrop Grumman Principal Hardware Instrumentation Engineer in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
As an Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Engineer you'll be part of the design, development, integration, configuration and test of a real-time, hardware in the loop (HITL), Data Acquisition Systems (DAS). Tasking will include design, development, verification and acceptance testing of data builds and real time Mission Control Room configuration files using Symvionics IADS software.
This position will require occasionally work shift work and overtime and travel.
• Bachelor's Degree within a Science, Technical, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 years of related experience; OR a Master's Degree in STEM with 3 years of related experience; or STEM PhD with 0 years of experience.
• Basic understanding of troubleshooting systems to identify and assist in the correct the root cause.
• Experience with creating, editing, and executing procedures.
• Experience in data acquisition and data collection
Current active DoD Secret clearance
Ability to obtain and maintain program access (PAR) within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Electronics, Analog and Digital Communications, Digital Signal Processes, Computer Communication Networks, Embedded Systems
• Experience working in Flight Test or Lab Test environments
• Experience using oscilloscopes and waveform generators.
• Experience working with Strain Gages, Accelerometers, Pressure Transducers and other commonly used instrumentation sensors
• Basic knowledge of data bus architecture MIL-STD-1553, IEE-1394, ARINC-429, RS232 an RS422.
• Experience using Symvionics IADS software and working in a Mission Control Room
• Experience post-test processing data from a IRIG-106 CH10 recording
• Experience using TTCWare Application Software
• Experience working Curtiss-Wright TTC Data Acquisitions Systems
• Experience with Microsoft Window Family, AutoCAD, MatLab.
• Degree in Electrical or a Bachelor's of Science degree with Instrumentation data experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering