Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 2 in Palmdale, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a qualified Desktop PC Tech for a classified government program at our Palmdale, CA site. The selected individual will perform the following duties on a day to day basis in support of the program:
• Provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
• Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors; connect personal computers and terminals to existing data networks; perform basic PC setups.
• Instruct and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks; investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases; maintain trouble logs.
• Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements; follow all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software; work with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Coordinate with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
• Review the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed; work through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated); resolve tickets within established SLAs; raise issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Work with systems administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
• Participate in new installations, testing, and special projects as needed.
• Spend significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
• Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
• High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of additional education and/or experience.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active DoD Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Current Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire date.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends.
• Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS, Office Product Suite.
• Bachelor's or other technical based degree.
• DoD Top Secret clearance.
• CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification.
• Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs, Visio, PowerShell.
• Experience with zero and/or thin client devices.
• Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts.
• Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.).
• Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology